The Susan Hicks Group represents clients in all aspects of family law and divorce in Fairfax, Loudoun, Alexandria and other communities in northern Virginia.
The following are examples of the types of issues we handle:
- Divorce and separation: There are two paths a divorce can follow in Virginia: the "no-fault" path and the "fault" path. The vast majority of couples follow the no-fault path, which involves living separately for a year before filing for divorce.
- Child custody and visitation: Our lawyers will help you resolve child custody and parenting time issues during your separation and after.
- Child support: We handle all child support issues, from new petitions to modifications and terminations.
- Spousal support: Few issues in divorce are more difficult or more unpredictable than alimony.
- Equitable distribution: Our attorneys handle complex equitable distribution and property division matters, including valuation of businesses and complex pension divisions.
- Premarital agreements: Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements provide an amicable way to protect your financial interests in the event of a future divorce.
A Civil Approach to Family and Divorce Issues in Virginia
In almost all family law cases, it is better for both parties to work on an agreement, especially if you have limited assets. The opportunity to present your story to a judge is rarely worth the emotional and financial costs of a trial. On the other hand, if you have important assets that you need to protect or child custody issues that you cannot resolve by agreement, we will zealously represent you at trial and appeal.
Contact Our Alexandria and Loudoun Divorce Lawyers
For more information, or to schedule a consultation with our Fairfax family law attorneys, call 703-468-0193 or fill out our online form.